The Expat Life
When we started our journey there was not a lot of practical information about life in Colombia. Or tips of what to consider doing before making the move. We learned everything the hard way. That’s exactly why we want to help other fellow Expats to make their journey way easier than ours was.
The following tips are specially meant to be helpful for long-term Expats.
Tips For Long-Term Expats
- Almost everything is available in Medellin, don’t bring all your stuff with you.
- Amenities are very good and reliable, WiFi and internet, in general, is not something to worry about.
- Dress accordingly, observe Colombians and do it the same way.
- Come with an open mind, the culture will be different from what you’re probably used to.
- Don’t believe everything from the Facebook Expat groups.
- Learn Spanish!
- It is possible to pay by card almost everywhere.
- Colombia doesn’t have a tipping culture.
There are way more tips we could share, but for now, those are surely helpful. And as we always repeat, don’t hesitate to ask your questions, we are more than happy to help you n your journey.
Watch the full video to get even more tips and each point explained more into detail.
The post 8 Things You Have To Know Before Coming To Colombia appeared first on How To Expat.